A CNC router normally has a rigid z-axis where the drive motors control the motion of the z-axis to cut a part. But for processes like engraving : rigid Z-axis is unsuitable , as it wont accommodate variation in sheet height. The FLOATZ as the name suggests will float/glide on the sheet surface ( self-adjust to sheet surface) thus maintaining uniform engraving depth and also prevent tool jamming due to increased depth of cut.
The FLOAT-Z does the reverse. It moves the tool on the z-axis freely whether it is a flat or a curved surface with varying depth without the z-axis drive motor controlling it.
APPLICATIONS OF FLOATZ
- Pen Plotting
- Pencil Plotting
- Vinyl Sticker Cutting
- Drag Engraving (using carbide or diamond tip for fine engraving)
- Vibratory Engraving (using dremel 290-01) for deep engraving.
- Rotary Engraving (using dremel 3000/4000) for deep engraving (metals, jewels, PCBs) with depth control.
- Pressure foot ( to hold down sheet from vibrating when cutting) (low cost alternate to vacuum clamping)
- Mountable on various machines such as MultiCNC, Shopbot, Shapeoko, X-Carve, Milling Machines, Laser Machines, Water-jet Machines etc.
- Convertible to Rigid-Z with simple screw adjustment.
- Spring Force option for hard materials/metal engraving.
- Multiple tools can be mounted (pen, pencil, vinyl drag knife, drag engraving tool, dremel 290, dremel 3000 etc.)
- Depth control device to precisely control engraving depth.
- Intelligent software features. ( Smartfillet, RasterScan engraving etc.)
FLOATZ WITH DREMEL TOOL
FLOATZ WITH PEN/PENCIL